Literature and Publications
- Are you stressed out? Premier Radio
- Who should get gastric banding? BBC online
- Here’s looking at you. The Observer
- Pro-ana bracelets how sick sites are cashing in on anorexics. Headline News
- Deal-breakers: he wants us to move in together but I’m not ready. The Sunday Times
- Pailing into Poverty. The Voice
- The Event: How Racist are you? Channel 4
- Power without oppression (PDF Download) Channel 4
- 'I haven't taken my meds over slurring fears' admits bipolar Kerry Katona as she returns to GMTV sofa. Daily Mail
- It’s good to talk-therapy not pills. BBC online
- How to beat exam stress. Boots WebMD
- Britain's girl gangsters are getting ready to fight their way to the top. The Guardian
- Stella makeover 2009: What lay behind Caroline Lucey’s overeating. The Telegraph
- What makes Sheffield folk sound trustworthy? The Star
- What makes a mum want to help kill her child? Closer Magazine
- WHAT MAKES BRIT BLOOD BOIL.. AND HOW TO KEEP COOL. The Mirror
- Sports stars trusted more than politicians. ITN
- Serving up an ace. The Psychologist
- Splashing the cash: Doting mother spends £17,000 on designer clothes... for her BABY. Daily Mail
Dr Funke's Books
Take Control of Your Tomorrow and Find the Real You
We can never take control of what happens in our life, but we can take control of how we perceive the things that happen to us.
My latest book takes you on a journey in discovering who you are, by finding the real you.
High Risk body Size: Take control of your Weight. Sheldon Press
My refreshing book takes an exciting and challenging look at the underlying psychological reasons for excess and unwanted weight gain.
This is not about going on a diet but more a tool for you to explore the reasons why you eat the way you do. My philosophy in life is once you are able to sort things out in your head the rest will fit into place.
Good Monday Morning
As part of the Dr Funke –Take control series, this book is aimed at giving you inspirational fix to deal with your Monday mornings. So why not embark on taking control of your week with this uplifting book.
Toriola, A., Dolan, B., Evans, C. & Adetimole1, O. (1996). Intergeneration and cross-cultural influences on the weight satisfaction of Nigerian women in Nigeria and Britain. European Review of Eating Disorders. Vol. 4(2), 84-94.
Adetimole, O. (1996). Conference report: The 3rd St George’s Eating Disorders Conference: Engaging the patient. European Review of Eating Disorders. Vol. 4,160-161.
Bhui, K., Stephen S., Hull, S., Priebe, S., Adetimole, O. and Feder, G. (2003). Ethnic variations in pathways to and use of specialist mental health services in the UK: Systematic review. British Journal of Psychiatry, 182: 105 - 116.
Adetimole, O, Afuape, T., and Vara, R. (2005) The impact of racism on the experience of training on a clinical psychology course: Reflections from three Black trainees Clinical Forum.
Baffour, F (2008) Good Monday Morning: an inspirational fix to your Monday mornings. Pegasus and Elliott Publishers.
Baffour, F (2008) Cosmetic Surgery: a psychological perspective. Pathways to Beauty. February Edition.
Baffour, F (2010) High Risk Body Size: Take Control of your Weight. Sheldon Press.